Dr. Tarun was born in Bijnore, U.P. He received his AMIETE degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (with first class honours) from the Institution of Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering, Delhi., in 2000. He received his M.Tech. and Ph.D. degrees, both in Signal Processing from University of Delhi, in 2003 and 2010, respectively.
Dr. Rawat held the positions of Lecturer (2003-2005) and at the ECE Department of Maharaj Agrasen Institute of Technology, New Delhi.. He was with the Division of Electronics and Communication Engineering, NSIT, as Teaching-cum-Research Fellow from Aug. 2005 to April. 2008. He is currently an Assistant Professor in the Division of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT), New Delhi. His research interests are in Signal Processing (SP) and Image Processing with emphasis on optimization; Wave Digital Filters. He has authored/co-authored over fifteen research papers in various international journals of repute so far. He has authored two books namely, ‘Signals and Systems’, Oxford University Press, 2010 and ‘Digital Signal Processing’, Oxford University Press, 2014.
Dr. Rawat is a Member of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) and a Life Member of ISTE (India). His biography has been included in several editions of Marquis' Who's Who, and International Biographical Centre.
List of recent 03 Publications:
a.Apoorva Aggarwal, Manjeet Kumar, Tarun Kumar Rawat, “Design of 2- Dimensional FIR Filters With Quadrantally Symmetric Properties Using the 2-D L1-Method”, IET Signal Processing, 2018, DOI: 10.1049/iet- spr.2017.0449.
b.Richa Barsainya, Apoorva Agarwal, Tarun Kumar Rawat, “Optimal Design of Minimum Multiplier Lattice Wave Digital Lowpass Filter using Metaheuristic Techniques”, IET Signal Processing, vol. 12, issue-6, 700- 712, 2018, DOI: 10.1049/iet-spr.2017.0449
c.Abhay Sharma, Tarun Kumar Rawat, “Design and FPGA Implementation of Lattice Wave Fractional Order Digital Differentiator”. Microelectronics Journal (Elsevier), Vol. 88, 67-78, 2019, doi.org /10.1016 /j.mejo. 2019.04.013
1.T. K. Rawat and H. Parthsarathy, Manoeuvering target tracking with coordinated turn motion using stochastic nonlinear filter, International journal of Control, Taylor and Francis Journals, UK, vol. 81, Issue 7, pp. 1102-1113, July -2008.
2.Tarun Kumar Rawat and Harish Parthasarathy, Analysis of continuous time LMS adaptive filter weights using stochastic calculus and Fokker-Planck Kolmogorov equation, International journal of Tomography and Statistics, Summer 2008, vol. 9, No. S08; pp. 108-115.
3. Tarun Kumar Rawat, Abhirup Lahiri and Ashish Gupta, Noise analysis of single ended input differential amplifier using stochastic differential equation, International Jounal of Computer, Information, and Systems Science and Engineering, vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 191-196, Summer-2008, WASET.
4. Tarun Kumar Rawat and Harish Parthasarathy, Modeling of an RC circuit using a stochastic differential equation, Thammasat International Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 40-47, April-June 2008.
5. Abhirup Lahiri and Tarun Kumar Rawat, Noise analysis of single stage fractional-order low-pass filter using stochastic and fractional calculus,’’ ECTI Transactions on Electronics and Communications, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 136-143, Thailand, 2009.
6. Tarun Kumar Rawat and Harish Parthasarathy, Convergence analysis of a continuous- time nonlinear LMS-type algorithm using stochastic calculus, International Journal of Electronics and Communication (AEU), vol. 63, pp. 576-583, 2009, doi: 10.1016/j.aeue.2008.04.009, Elsevier.
7. Tarun Kumar Rawat, Harish Parthasarathy, A Continuous-time Least-Mean Phase adaptive filter for power system frequency estimation, International journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems (Elseiver), vol. 31, pp. 111- 115, 2009.
8.Tarun Kumar Rawat, Harish Parhtasarathy, On Stochastic Modeling of Linear Circuits,’’ International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, Wiley Intersecience, Vol. 38, pp. 259-274, Ireland, 2010.
9. Tarun Kumar Rawat, Analog Least Mean Phase Adaptive filter in Stochastic Differential Equation Formalism, International Journal of Electronics and Communication (AEU), vol. 65, pp. 852-858, 2011, doi:10.1016/j.aeue.2011.02.001, Elsevier.
10.Puru Gupta, Tarun Kumar Rawat, A VLSI DSP Design and Implementation of Comb Filter Using Un-folding Methodology, International Journal of Electronics Signals and Systems (IJESS), ISSN: 2231-5969, Vol.-1, Isssue-3, pp. 72-77, 2012, Interscience.
11. Puru Gupta, Tarun Kumar Rawat, A VLSI DSP Design and Implementation of All Pole Lattice Filter Using Retiming Methodology, International Journal of Electronics Signals and Systems (IJESS), ISSN: 2231-5969, Vol.-1, Isssue-4, pp. 16-21, 2012, Interscience.
12. Neha Agarwal, Tarun Kumar Rawat, Texture Classification Using Multiresolution Decomposition of Sorted DCT and Fractional DCT Coefficients , International Journal of Advanced Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IJAEEE), ISSN: 2278-8948, Vol.-1, Isssue-1, pp. 1-4, 2012, IRD India.
13.Laxya, Tarun Kumar Rawat, Implementation of Folding Transform on 4-pole Lattice filter, International Journal of Advanced Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IJAEEE), ISSN: 2278-8948, Vol.-1, Isssue-1, pp. 5-8, 2012, IRD India.
14. Akashdeep Gautam, Tarun Kumar Rawat, Implementation of Folding Transform on 4-pole Lattice filter, International Journal of Power System Operation and Energy Management (IJPSOEM), ISSN: 2231-4407, Vol.-2, Isssue-3, pp.48-52, 2012, Interscience.
15.Ghanapriya Singh, Tarun Kumar Rawat, Color Image Enhancement by Linear Transformations Solving out of Gamut Problem, International Journal of Computer Applicatrions, New York, USA, ISSN: 0975-8887, Vol.-6, No-14, pp.28-32, April 2013.
16. Manjeet Kumar, and Tarun Kumar Rawat, On the Designing of Fractional Order FIR Differentiator Using Radial Basis Function and Window, WSEAS Transactions on Signal Processing, E-ISSN: 2224-3488, Vol.-10, pp.838-543, 2014.
17. Manjeet Kumar, and Tarun Kumar Rawat, Optimal Design of FIR Fractional order Differentiator using Cuckoo Search Algorithm, Expert System with Applications; An International Journal, Elsevier, Vol.-42, pp.3433-3449, 2015.
1. Tarun Kumar Rawat, Signals and Systems, Oxford University Press, July-2010.
2. Tarun Kumar Rawat, Digital Signal Processing, Oxford University Press, December-2014.
Book Chapters Published:
1. Book Chapter: Nitin Kumar & Tarun Kumar Rawat, Design of Fractional Order Digital Differentiator Using Inverse Multiquadric Radial Basis Function, Series Volume 85, pages 32-49, in Advances in Computer Science and Information Technology, Computer Science and Engineering, Springer Berlin Heidelberg-2012.
1. Abhirup Lahiri, Ashsish Gupta, and Tarun Kumar Rawat,Noise Analysis for Single Ended Input Differential Amplifier using Stochastic Differential Equation, IEEE International Conference & Exhibition on Advances in Electrical, Electronics, Communication and Information Technology, 6-8 Sep. 2007, Central Power Research Institute, Banglore. (This paper has been awarded the second prize).
2. Nitin Kumar and Traun Kumar Rawat,Design of fractional order digital differentiator using radial basis function, The second International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (CCSIT), vol. 85, pp. 32-49, Jan. -2012.
3. Kamini Upadhyay, Manjeet Kumar, and Tarun Kumar Rawat, Optimal Design of weighted least square based fractional delay FIR filter using genetic algorithm, International Conference on Signal Propagation and Computer Technology (ICSPCT), pp. 53-58, August 2014.
4 Shailey Khare, Manjeet Kumar, and Tarun Kumar Rawat, Window Based Design of Fractional Order FIR Digital Differentiator using Type- III Discrete Cosine Transform, International Conference on Signal Propagation and Computer Technology (ICSPCT), pp. 39-43, August 2014.
5. Apoorva Agawral, Manjeet Kumar, and Tarun Kumar Rawat, L1 Error Criterion Based Optimal FIR Filters, 2014 Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON), DOI: 10.1109/INDICON.2014.7030639, Page(s): 1