Dr. Sanjeeve Thakur joined NSIT in June 1992 as a lecturer and is presently an Associate Professor and In-charge Head of the Department of Chemistry. He has done his M.Sc. from the University of Delhi in 1986 and Ph. D. from Bhagalpur University in the year 1989. His area of interest is Inorganic Chemistry. A life member of five learned societies, viz. Indian Science Congress, Indian Chemical Society, National Academy of Sciences, Indian Council of Chemists and Indian Society of Analytical Scientists, BARC, the faculty member has also received Medal of Honor from the American Biographical Institute, North Carolina, USA in the year 2000.One research student has been awarded Ph.D. degree from the University of Delhi under his supervision.
He has been involved in various activities at the Institute level like student’s affairs, theory and practical examinations at the superintendent /deputy superintendent level, general administration of the Institute establishment since long in addition to the duties and responsibilities of a faculty member.
List of Publications
1. L. Thakur, S. Thakur and A. Kumar,”Thermochemical Studies of some Copper(II) Carboxylates” J. Indian Chem. Soc., Vol. 67, 1990,pp.764-65.
2. S. Thakur, Thermochemical Studies of some Lanthanide Acetates" J. Indian Chem. Soc.,Vol. 68, 1991, pp.352-53.
3. S. Thakur and A. Kumar,”Standard heats of formation of some uranyl(II) and thorium(IV) carboxylates” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., Vol.62(A)1, 1992, pp.15-18.
4. L. Thakur and S. Thakur,” Thermochemical Studies of some Transition Metal Acetyl acetones” J. Indian Coun. Chem., Vol.VIII, No.1, 1992, pp.17-18.
5. L. Thakur, S. Thakur, M. Pathak and R.N. Jha,” Thermochemical Studies of Diaquodipropionatodioxouranium(VI)” J. Indian Coun. Chem.,Vol.VIII, No.1, pp. 25-26.
6. S. Thakur, A.Kumar and R. Pathak,” Standard Heats of Formation of Uranyl(II) and Thorium (IV) Oxinates” J. Indian Chem. Soc., Vol.72, 1995, pp.815-16.
7. S. Thakur,” Standard Heats of Formation of some Transition Metal Carboxylates” J. Chem.and Environment, Vol.1, Dec.1997, pp.45-47.
8. S. Thakur,” MATLAB in the Determination of Combustion Enthalpy” J. Indian Coun. Chem.,Vol.24, No.1, 2007.
9. S. Thakur, “Calorimetric Studies of the Acetates of Calcium(II), Strontium(II) and Barium(II)” Asian J. Chem., Vol.20, No.2, 2008, pp.1645-47.
10. S. Thakur and A. Kumar, “Application of matlab in the thermochemical studies of some organic compounds” Orient. J. Chem., Vol.26(2), 685-687, 2010.
11. A. Shankar, S. Kumar, S. Thakur, R. Porwal and R. P. Pant, “Induced size effect on NixCo1-xFe2O4 (0.1 ≤ x ≤ 0.9)” Advanced Materials Letters, 2012, 3(5), 415-420.
12. A. Shankar, M. Chand, S. Kumar, V. N. Singh, G. A. Basheed, S. Thakur and R. P. Pant, “Spin resonance investigations on water based magnetite ferrofluid” Magnetohydrodynamics, 2013, 49, 3/4, 489-494.
13. A. Shankar, M. Chand, G.A. Basheed, S. Thakur and R. P. Pant, “Low temperature FMR investigations on double surfactant water based ferrofluid”, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 374(2015), 696-702.
14. A. Shankar, M. Chand, Sonia, S. Thakur and R.P.Pant,” Electron spin resonance investigations on kerosene based magnetic fluid”, Advanced Science Letters (Communicated).
Papers In Conferences:
1. L. Thakur, M.F. Ahmad, R. N. Jha, A. Kumar and S. Thakur,” Thermochemical Studies of Diaquodiacetatodioxouranium(VI)”, Abs. Indian Council of Chemists, 1987, 10-11.
2. L. Thakur, S. Thakur, A. Kumar and R. N. Jha, ”Thermochemical Studies of some Copper(II) dicarboxylates”, Annual no., National Acad. Sci., 1988.
3. S. Thakur and L. Thakur,” Preparation of Potentially High Oxide Superconductor”, Accepted in 32nd. IUPAC, Stockholm, 1989.
4. L. Thakur, S. Thakur and A. Kumar,” Thermochemical Studies of some Transition Metal Oxinates” Proc. 26th Annual Conv., 1989, p.37.
5. L. Thakur and S. Thakur,” Thermochemical Studies of some Copper(II) and Dioxouranium (VI) dicarboxylates”, National Conf., Coord. Chem. Calcutta, 1989, p.44.
6. Ajay Shankar, Sandeep Kumar, Manju Arora, Sanjeeve Thakur and R. P. Pant,” Effect of Ni2+ on NixCo1-xFe2O4 (x=0.5, 0.75, 0.9) magnetic nanoparticles, I-ConQuest-2010, 20-23rd Dec. 2010, NPL, New Delhi (Poster Presentation).
7. A. Shankar, M. Chand, Sonia, S. Thakur and R.P. Pant,” Electron spin resonance investigations of kerosene based magnetic fluid”, National Conferences on Nanotechnology and Renewable Energy, 28-29th April 2014, JMI, New Delhi (Poster Presentation).