Prof. Shree Prakash Singh received his B.E. degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from MMM Engineering College, Gorakhpur, India, in 1990 and M.Tech. degree from REC, Kurukshetra, India, in 1994. He holds a Doctoral Degree in Optical Networks from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IITD), India. During 1994–2000, he worked as Lecturer in the Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering at NIT (formerly REC) Kurukshetra. In October 2000, he joined as Lecturer in the Department of Electronics, Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (formally known as Delhi Institute of Technology New Delhi). Presently he is Professor and Head of Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Netaji Subhas University of Technology (formerly NSIT), New Delhi. His current area of research is Optical Networks, Optical wireless communication.
He has published 60 papers in reputed International/National conference and Journals. In year 2000, Prof. Singh has been awarded the IETE K. S. Krishnan Memorial Best paper award for his work. Again in 2018, Prof. Singh was awarded Best Paper award for his work at IEEE conference.
He is reviewer of few International Journals. One research scholar has been awarded Ph.D. degree, one research scholar has completed his research work and three research scholars are still pursuing their research work.
AICTE funded project under MODROB scheme (Development of Digital and Optical Communication Lab) grant of Rs 4,00,000/-.
AICTE funded research project under RPS scheme (Performance analysis of optical network in presence of transmission impairments) grant of Rs. 7,13,000/-. (Completed)
1. Optical Communication,
2. Optical Networks,
3. Free Space Optical Communication
1. Paper entitled “An overview of Congestion control Techniques in ATM Networks and some performance results,” Shree Prakash Singh, Sujata Sengar and S.L.Maskara in IETE Technical Review, Vol. 17, No, 3, pp 87-103, May-June 2000, Awarded the IETE K.S.Krishnan Memorial Award for the Best paper in the Systems Oriented Category for 2000.
2. Paper entitled " “Performance Comparison of 40Gbps Mixed Line Rate WDM System for Various Dispersion Compensation Schemes”, by Rochak Bajpai, Sujata Sengar and Shree Prakash Singh at IEEE International Conference on Computational and Characterization Techniques in Engineering & Sciences (CCTES-18), Integral University Lucknow, September 14-15, 2018 was awarded Best Paper Award
For Published Work:
IETE K.S.Krishnan Award for the Best Systems-oriented paper along with my co-authors (Sujata Sengar and S. L. Maskara) (2000)
29. Shreesh Kumar Shrivastava, Sujata Sengar and Shree Prakash Singh, “An Improved Modified Switching Scheme for Hybrid FSO/RF System under Strong Atmospheric Turbulence" Accepted for presentation at The International Conference on Fiber Optics and Photonics12th to 15th December 2018 (PHOTONICS-2018), IIT Delhi.
30. Krishan Kumar Singh, Shree Prakash Singh and Sujata Sengar, “Fragmentation Suppressed RSA Algorithm for Elastic Optical Network: A Quantitative Approach,” Accepted for presentation at 1st IEEE British and Irish Conference on Optics and Photonics (BICOP 2018).