Dr. Harish Parthasarathy was born on November 1, 1968, at Manchester, UK. He received B.Tech. in 1990 (from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India) and Ph.D. (from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India) in 1994, both in Electrical Engineering. He worked as Assistant Professor during 1994–1997 at Indian Institute of Tehnology Bombay in Electrical Engineering Department and during 1997–1998 at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur in Electrical Engineering Department. He worked as Application Engineer at ST MicroElectronics, Delhi, during 1998–2000 before joining Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi, in 2000, where he worked as Assistant Professor till June 2007. Since July 2007, he has been working as Professor in the Division of Electronics and Communication Engineering at Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi. His teaching and research interests are in the areas of circuits and systems, signal processing, stochastic nonlinear filters, electromagnetics and group representations and he has published 30 papers in various international journals of repute.
1. H. Parthasarathy, S. Prasad and S.D. Joshi, \A MUSIC like method for estimating quadratic phase coupling," Signal Processing, Elsevier, North Holland, pp.171-188, vol.37, 1994.
2. H. Parthasarathy, S. Prasad and S.D. Joshi, \Conditions for the third order stationarity and ergodicity of a harmonic random process," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, pp.222-225, vol.42, No.1, January 1994.
3. H. Parthasarathy, S. Prasad and S.D. Joshi, \An ESPRIT like method for quad ratic phase coupling estimation," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, pp. 2346-2360, vol.43, No.10, Oct.1995.
4. S. Prasad, M. Chakraborty and H. Parthasarathy, \The role of statistics in signal processing-A brief review and some emerging trends," Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Math. 26(6), 547-578, June 1995.
5. Vipin B. Vats , H. Parthasarathy, \A Perturbation Based Model for Recti¯er Circuits," Di®erential Equations and Nonlinear Mechanics, Vol. 2006, Article ID 32675, pp. 1-13, 2006. doi:10.1155/DENM/2006/ 32675.
6. Vipin B. Vats , H. Parthasarathy, \Parameter Estimation for time varying nonlinear circuit from state analysis and simulation," Communications in Non-linear Science and Numerical Simulation(2006), Elsevier, doi:10.1016 /j.cnsns. 2006.06.008
7. S.N. Sharma, H. Parthasarathy and J.R.P Gupta, " Third order approximate Kushner ¯lter for a nonlinear dynamical system ", International Journal of Control, 79(9), pp.1096-1104, 2006.
8. S.N. Sharma and H. Parthasarathy, \A two-body continuous -discrete ¯lter," Nonlinear Dynamics, Springer: The Netherlands, , Vol. 51, pp. 155-170, Feb.2007.
9. S.N. Sharma and H. Parthasarathy, \Dynamics of a stochastically perturbed two body problem," Proceedings of the Royal Society A(2007) 463, 979-1003, doi:10.1098/rspa. 2006.1801.
10. Tarun Kumar Rawat and Harish Parthasarathy, \Manoeuvering Target Tracking with Coordinated Turn Motion using Stochastic Nonlinear Filter," International Journal of Control, Vol. 81, Issue 7, pp. 1102-1113, July-2008.
11. Tarun Kumar Rawat and Harish Parthasarathy, \Analysis of Continuous-time LMS Adaptive Filter Weights using Stochastic Calculus and Fokker-Planck Kolmogorov Equation," International journal of Tomography and Statistics, Summer 2008, Vol. 9, No. S08; pp. 108-115.
12. Tarun Kumar Rawat and H. Parthasarathy, \Convergence Analysis of Nonlinear LMS-type Algorithm using Stochastic Calculus," International Journal of Electronics and Communication (AEU) (2008), doi: 10.1016/j.aeue.2008.04.009.Elsevier.
13. Tarun Kumar Rawat and Harish Parthasarathy, \On Stochastic Modelling ofLinear circuits," International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, doi.wiley.com/10.1002/cta.560.
14. Tarun Kumar Rawat and Harish Parthasarathy, \A Continuous-time Least Mean Phase Adaptive Filter for Power System Frequency Estimation," International journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Vol. 31, pp. 111-115, 2009.
15. A. Vaish and H. Parthasarathy, \Analysis of a Rectangular Waveguide using Finite Element Method," Progress in Electromagnetic Research C, Vol. 2, pp. 117-125, 2008.
16. Rajeev Srivastava, J.R.P. Gupta and Harish Parthasarathy, "Comparison of PDE based and other techniques for speckle reduction from digitally reconstructed holographic images", International Journal of Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Elsevier Science, Vol. 48, pp 626-635, 2010, doi:10.1016/j.optlaseng. 2009.09.012.
17. Rajeev Srivastava, J.R.P. Gupta and Harish Parthasarathy, "A non-linear Complex Di®usion based Edge and Structure Preserving Zooming Technique for MRI and Ultrasound Images ", International Journal of Biomedical Engi neering and Technology (IJBET), Accepted, September'2009, (In Press). 18. Rajeev Srivastava, J.R.P. Gupta and Harish Parthasarthy and Subodh Srivastava " An adaptive nonlinear PDE based speckle reduction technique for ultrasound images", International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology (IJBET), Accepted, December'2009.
19. Rajeev Srivastava, Harish Parthasarathy, J.R.P. Gupta and D. Roy Choudhary, "Brownian Motion based image modelling and its applications to image regularization", Journal of Scienti¯c Research, BHU, India, Vol.53, 2009, pp207-215, ISSN: 0447-9483.
20. Rajeev Srivastava, Harish Parthasarathy, J.R.P. Gupta, "PDE Based Image Processing: Current Trends and Future Directions of Research", ITS Journal of IT and Management, Vol. 7, No.2, pp 14-22, July 2009.
21. Sudipta Majumdar and Harish Parthasarathy, \Wavelet Based Identi¯cation of Second Order Linear System", , International Journal of Applied Science, Engineering and Technology, 5:1 2009, pp. 29-33.
22. Sudipta Majumdar and Harish Parthasarathy, \Perturbation Approach to Ebers-Moll Equation for Transistor Circuit Analysis", Accepted for publication in Circuit, System and Signal Processing, Springer, March 2009.
23. Sudipta Majumdar and Harish Parthasarathy, \Wavelet Based Transistor Parameter Estimation", Accepted for publication in Circuit, System and SignalProcessing, Springer, August 2009.
24. Raman Arora and H. Parthasarathy, \Optimal estimation and detection in homogeneous spaces", IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 58, Issue 5, pp. 2623-2635, April 2010.
25. Rajveer S Yaduvanshi and Harish Parthasarathy, \Design, Development and Simulations of MHD Equations with its proto type implementations" International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, vol. 1, no. 4, October 2010.
26. Rajveer S Yaduvanshi and Harish Parthasarathy, \EM Wave transport 2D and 3D investigations International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications", vol. 1, no. 6, December 2010.
27. Rajveer S Yaduvanshi and Harish Parthasarathy, \Coupled Solution of Boltzmann Transport Equation with Maxwells and Navier Stokes" IInternational Journal of Informatics (IJI), vol.3 ,no.4, pp. 422-426. Jan. 2010.
28. Rajveer S Yaduvanshi and Harish Parthasarathy, \Solution of electromagnetic and velocity ¯elds for an electrodynamics °uid dynamical system", International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, vol. 2, no. 1, Jan 2011.
29. Rajveer S Yaduvanshi, Harish Parthasarathy and Asok De, \Magneto-hydrodynamic Antenna Design and Development Analysis with prototype", (IJACSA) International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, , vol. 2, no. 1, Feb. 2011.
30. Rajveer S Yaduvanshi and Harish Parthasarathy, \Exact solution of 3D Magnetohydrodynamic system with nonlinearity analysis", Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, vol 23, no.2, Jan 2011.
31. Akash Rathee, Harish Parthasarathy, \Perturbation based Fourier series analysis of transistor ampli¯er", Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing (2011), doi:10.1007/s00034-011-9277-x.
32. Akash Rathee, Harish Parthasarathy, \Frequency-Variation Based Method for Parameter Estimation of Transistor Ampli¯er", World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 60, Dec. 2011.
Papers published in International and National Conference
1. H.Parthasarathy and S.Prasad,"2-D ESPRIT for simultaneous estimation of azimuth-elevation pair of multiple sources", Proc. of a Discussion Meeting on recent advances in signal processing and communications, SPCOM-1993, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore,1993.
2. H.Parthasarathy, "A data matrix based 2-D ESPRIT algorithm for the direction of arrival estimation of plane waves not all necessarily in a single plane", presented at the national conference on communications, IIT Bombay, Feb.1996.
3. H.Parthasarathy, S.Prasad and S.D.Joshi, "An ESPRIT like algorithm for the estimation of quadratic phase coupling", Sixth IEEE Signal Processing Workshop on Statistical Signal and Array Processing, University of Victoria at British Columbia, Canada, October-1992.
4. H.Parthasarathy and S.Prasad, "Eigen-subspace Algorithms for estimating the poly-spectral parameters of harmonic processes", Proc. of the IEEE Signal Processing Workshop on Higher Order Statistics, Stanford, Sierra Camp, California, USA, June 1993.
5. H.Parthasarathy, S.D.Joshi and J.B.Srivastava,"Wiener Filter for Isotropic Signal Fields", Accepted for presentation at the 2001 Canadian Workshop on Information Theory, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, June 2001.
6. H.Parthasarathy, "Review of current trends in digital signal processing", Presented at a workshop in AMITY institute of technology.
7. H.Parthasarathy, "Array signal processing fundamentals", Presented at a workshop in AMITY institute of technology.
8. Vipin Vats and H.Parthasarathy, "A perturbation based model for recti¯er circuits", CERA05-International Conference on Computer Applications in Electrical Engineering (Recent Advances), Vol.II, pg.175-179, Sept-Oct.2005
9. Vipin Vats and H.Parthasarathy, "Some variants of the least mean square algorithm and its applications", DSPA 6th International Conference, IEEE Signal Processing Society, Vol.VI-1, pg.195-197, March 2004.
10. Vipin Vats and H.Parthasarathy, "On estimating the parameters of a slowly time varying nonlinear circuit from state measurements, pg.165-169, 12th National Conference on Communications, IIT Delhi, Jan.27-29, 2006.
11. Arti Vaish and H.Parthasarathy," Numerical Computation of the modes of electromagnetic wave propagation in a non-homogenous rectangular waveguide",IEEE- Indicon-06, Sept 15-17, New Delhi
12. Arti Vaish and H.Parthasarathy, "Two Dimensional wavelet analysis for the modes in a rectangular wave guide using the method of moments",ICMARS-2006, Jodhpur
13. Rajeev Srivastava, Harish Parthasarthy, J.R.P. Gupta and D. Roy Choudhary, "Image Restoration from motion blurred image using PDEs formalism",In proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Advanced Computing (IACC'09), 06-07 March'2009, Patiala, India, pp. 61-64, ISBN: 978-981-08-2465-5, DOI: 0.1109/IADCC.2009.4808981.
14. Rajeev Srivastava, J.R.P. Gupta, Harish Parthasarthy and Subodh Srivastava, "PDE based Unsharp Masking, Crispening and High Boost Filtering of Digital Images", International Conference on Contemporary Computing (IC3-2009), JIIT Noida, August 17-19,2009. Proc: Communications in Computer and Information Science, CCIS 40, pp 8-13, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2009. ISSN:1865-0929 (Print) 1865-0937 (Online), ISBN: 978-3-642-03546-3 (Print) 978-3-642-03547-0 (Online), DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-03547-02.
15. Rajeev Srivastava, J.R.P. Gupta, Harish Parthasarthy, "Complex Difusion Based Speckle Reduction from Digital Images," IEEE International Conference on Methods and Models in Computer Science (ICM2CS-09) , pp 43-49, December 14-15, 2009, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
16. Rajeev Srivastava, Harish Parthasarthy, J.R.P. Gupta and Subodh Srivastava, "PDE based homomorphic ¯ltering for reducing speckle noise from digital images", Second International Conference on Advances in Computer Vision and Information Technology ,(ACVIT-2009),December 16-19,2009, Aurangabad (MS), India, Accepted.
17. Rajeev Srivastava, Harish Parthasarthy, J.R.P. Gupta, "PDE Based Image Processing: Current Trends and Future Directions of Research", In Proceedings of National Seminar on impact of I.T. on society, ITS Ghaziabad, February 09th, 2008,pp 1-08,ISBN: 81-89547-41-0.
18. Rajeev Srivastava, Harish Parthasarthy, J.R.P. Gupta and D. Roy Choudhary, "Implementation and Performance analysis of PDE based image de-noising techniques", Presented at National Conference and Workshop on High Performance Computing (HPCA'2008), BHU, Varanasi, February 25-27, 2008.
19. Rajeev Srivastava, Harish Parthasarthy, J.R.P. Gupta and D. Roy Choudhary, "Some observations on the PDEs of Mathematical Physics and its Applications to Image Processing", Presented at XXIVth Annual Conference of the Mathematical Society , BHU, Varanasi, December 30-31, 2008.
20. Rajeev Srivastava, J.R.P. Gupta and Harish Parthasarthy, "A PDE- based mathematical model for speckle reduction from B-scan Ultrasound images", Presented at XXVth Conference of the Mathematical Society , BHU, Varanasi, December 22-24, 2009.
1. H. Parthasarathy, A Textbook of Signals and Systems, I.K.International, 2005
2. H. Parthasarathy, Electromagnetic Field Theory, I.K.International, 2004.
3 H. Parthasarathy, Handbook of problems in engineering mathematics and physics, I.K.International, 2004.
4 H. Parthasarathy, Signal processing applications in physical models, Ane Books, 2005.
5 H. Parthasarathy, Advanced engineering physics, Ane Books, 2005.
6 H. Parthasarathy, Topics in Mathematical Physics, Ane Books, 2007.
7 H.Parthasarathy, Advanced Engineering Mathematics, Ane Books, 2006.
8 H. Parthasarathy, Advanced Signal Analysis, I.K. International, 2008.
9 H. Parthasarathy, Advanced Signal Analysis with application to mathematics.