Dr. Shilpa Sharma is currently working as an Assistant Professor at Division of Biotechnology, NSIT Dwaraka, Delhi and her research area is Nanobiotechnology. Previously she was working as Scientist ‘B’ in Institute of Nano Science and Technology, Mohali. She completed PhD in Nanotechnology from IIT Guwahati in the year 2013 and joined as Research Associate in Department of Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. She did her graduation (B.Tech in Biotechnology, 2004-2008) from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. She got associated with NSIT as Assistant Professor from 6th August 2014.
Dr. Shilpa has presented papers in various national and international conferences and workshops. She received ‘Foreign Travel Grant Award’ from Department of Science and Technology (DST), India, 2012 for presenting paper in Miami, USA. She has participated as ‘Invited Speaker’ in 2nd J&K Women’s Science Congress held in Jammu. The topic of lecture was ‘Emerging role of Nanotechnology in Healthcare’. She has delivered ‘Sir C. V. Raman Memorial Lecture’ on ‘Basics of Nanotechnology and its Applications in Healthcare’ at Central University, Jammu. She w as invited as an ‘Expert’ in Seminar on ‘Medical Applications of Nanotechnology’ organized by Medical Educational Unit of Govt. Medical College, Jammu, 2013.
1. Shilpa Sharma, Pallab Sanpui, Arun Chattopadhyay and Siddhartha Sankar Ghosh. Fabrication of antibacterial silver nanoparticle-sodium alginate-chitosan composite films. RSC Advances, 2, 5837-5843, 2012. (Impact factor: 3.708)
2. Amaresh Kumar Sahoo, Shilpa Sharma, Arun Chattopadhyay and Siddhartha Sankar Ghosh. Quick and simple estimation of bacteria using a fluorescent paracetamol dimer–Au nanoparticle composite. Nanoscale, 4, 1688-1694, 2012. (Impact factor: 6.739)
3. Sadhucharan Mallick, Shilpa Sharma, Madhuchanda Banerjee, Siddhartha Sankar Ghosh, Arun Chattopadhyay and Anumita Paul. Iodine - stabilized Cu nanoparticle chitosan composite for antibacterial applications. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 4, 1313–1323, 2012. (Impact factor: 5.9)
4. Madhuchanda Banerjee, Shilpa Sharma, Arun Chattopadhyay and Siddhartha Sankar Ghosh. Enhanced antibacterial activity of bimetallic gold-silver core–shell nanoparticles at low silver concentration. Nanoscale, 3, 5120-5125, 2011. (Impact factor: 6.739)
5. Shilpa Sharma, Chockalingam S., Pallab Sanpui, Arun Chattopadhyay and Siddhartha Sankar Ghosh. Silver Nanoparticles impregnated alginate-chitosan blended nanocarrier induces apoptosis in human glioblastoma cells. Advanced Healthcare Materials, 3, 106-114, 2014. (Impact factor: 4.88)