Division of Information Technology
To meet the requirements of the society in the field of Information Technology by imparting knowledge, ethics and moral values.
- To achieve a competitive edge in Information Technology through continuous learning, upcoming technologies and high quality research.
- To inculcate interdisciplinary knowledge through different programs.
- To create an environment towards the design and development of applications with an inclination towards the requirements of the society.
- To promote entrepreneurship.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
This scheme and courses are related to four year Information Technology programme with following Programme Educational Objectives (PEO).
- To provide in-depth knowledge and fundamentals to make IT professionals, and in pursuit of higher studies.
- To equip students with analytical and technical knowledge for solving real life problems with reliable IT solutions.
- To promote and enrich students through participation in various technical, non-technical and socio-economic events.
- To make students aware of social issues, professional ethics and make them adaptable to different cultures.
The Information Technology division was introduced in the year 2002 with an intake of 60 students to meet the increasing demand of IT professionals. The division offers Bachelors and Ph. D. programs in Information Technology. It provides an excellent learning environment with dedicated young faculty members, state-of-the-art laboratories and innovative academic processes. The division focuses on providing an in-depth knowledge in the field of Information Technology such as data structures & algorithms, databases, networks, multimedia, software engineering, internet of things (IoT), machine learning, to name a few. We aspire our students towards becoming next generation IT professionals capable of generating programming and logical skills, providing networking solutions and becoming leaders in software industry, government and academia.
A number of students from this department often pursue post-graduate studies, exhibiting their ability to continue research in diverse areas. Some of the students are also absorbed at the best institutes in India such as IIM's etc. and even outside India. This reveals the success of the department in providing a foundation for research and development among their students. The students of this branch even get appointments from various topmost Multinational Corporations (MNCs) through campus placements.